Terms and Conditions
Article 1: Definitions
In these terms and conditions the terms listed below shall bear the meaning given to them:
- Tennis Ticket Service: a trading name of the private company with limited liability.
- Ticket: the admission ticket for an event.
- Buyer: the person who concludes an agreement with Tennis Ticket Service to provide tickets (admission tickets) for matches.
- Order Process: an electronic confirmation, provided by Tennis Ticket Service, of the booking made by the buyer, that is sent by Tennis Ticket Service to the email address specified by said buyer or that is issued to said buyer.
Article 2: Applicability
- These terms and conditions shall apply to all offers, booking confirmations and agreements where Tennis Ticket Service acts as the seller of tickets. The Dutch text of these terms and conditions is binding and rights cannot be derived from any translation. Additions to or deviations from these terms and conditions shall only apply if explicitly accepted by Tennis Ticket Service. No rights can be derived from any promises made by any Tennis Ticket Service employee unless they have been explicitly confirmed by Tennis Ticket Service.
- In accordance with Article 7:46i paragraph 3 of the Dutch Civil Code, the information obligations of Article 7:46c of the Dutch civil code and the rights as granted by Article 7:46d of the Dutch Civil Code do not apply to services provided by Tennis Ticket Service.
Article 3: Placement of orders
- An order by the buyer shall be deemed to have been placed by the buyer if: (a) said buyer has specified in the Tennis Ticket Service booking procedure which ticket(s) said buyer wishes to receive, (b) said buyer has filled in the other information required, and (c) this booking has been received by Tennis Ticket Service after it has been sent.
- An order by the buyer shall also be deemed to have been placed if said buyer has passed on all the required information through an e-mail to Tennis Ticket Service.
- An order shall be final once Tennis Ticket Service has acknowledged receipt of the order by sending an order/booking confirmation. Terms and conditions are accepted when the order is final.
- It is not possible to cancel an order. Order tickets only if you are sure you can attend the game. Also, make sure you order your tickets for the correct match.
Article 4: Prices
- Reselling is involved in relation to the sale of tickets by Tennis Ticket Service. Tennis Ticket Service prices will be different from the prices that may be specified on the tickets themselves and the buyer cannot derive any rights from these prices. All costs are included in Tennis Ticket Service prices excluding shipment costs.
- Prices are expressed in € (Euro) unless otherwise specified.
- The price is unique for each order. The price may vary with every order.
- Tennis Ticket Service prices are subject to fluctuations related to the demand for and the availability of tickets. The buyer cannot derive any rights from increases or reductions of prices once said buyer has placed an order. The price confirmed to the buyer at the time of ordering will therefore remain the effective price.
Article 5: Payment
- Payment must take place using one of the methods specified on the Tennis Ticket Service website or, as a departure from this, using a method to be further specified by Tennis Ticket Service.
- If paying by using a credit card, the data shall be sent through a secure server. Tennis Ticket Service shall request authorization from the card issuer or the credit card payment.
- Credit card payments will be debited by Tennis Ticket Service.
- All payments will be taken in Euros.
Article 6: Delivery of tickets
- Tennis Ticket Service aims at ensuring buyers receive tickets at least two to five (1-7) days prior to the day event. Most tennis tickets will be delivered to your e-mail via Electronic Tickets. Please note that matches are for the team playing at home unless stated otherwise. You may not be allowed to enter the venue in case you are wearing clothes in support of the visiting team. Doing so is therefore at the risk of the buyer.
- Shipment and issue shall be at the expense of the buyer. Shipment costs are also applicable to hotel delivery.
- Tickets shall be sent at the expense of the buyer via Courier or a similar courier service in relation to addresses inside the Netherlands.
- The tickets shall be delivered by Courier at the address as specified by the buyer unless nobody is available to receive them. Tennis Ticket Service shall not be held liable should delivery of the tickets fail due to provision of an incorrect address by the buyer.
- Should the buyer not accept, pick up or have picked up a ticket sent to said buyer, and the ticket is returned to Tennis Ticket Service by Courier or any local courier service, said buyer shall be obliged to compensate Tennis Ticket Service for the costs incurred in relation to the return shipment. At the request of the buyer and on advance payment of the shipment costs involved, Tennis Ticket Service will resend the tickets to said buyer.
- In deviation to the provisions related to delivery, Tennis Ticket Service may choose a different delivery method than specified above, for example, by having the tickets delivered to the reception of a hotel specified by the buyer. It is the responsibility of the buyer to notify the occupant of the delivery address specified by said buyer of the delivery of the tickets. If you have not received your tickets 48 hours before the event, please email or phone us during business hours. Tennis Ticket Service may deliver the tickets up to the moment the event starts, for example until the kick-off in tennis matches.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide Tennis Ticket Service with the correct delivery address. At any time the buyer is obliged to inform Tennis Ticket Service of any change in address.
- When the occasion arises, tickets may display a name that does not match the name of the buyer of the ticket.
- The buyer of a ticket supplied by Tennis Ticket Service must behave as a good and orderly visitor of events and must follow instructions given by or due to the organizer of an event to be visited by said buyer as well as by the competent authorities.
- The quality categories specified by Tennis Ticket Service for tickets shall not harmonize with any categories used by the organizer of the event for which the tickets have been issued. The buyer cannot derive any rights from the category class and/or ranking. Tennis Ticket Service retains the right to upgrade tickets without incurring further costs or obligations on its part.
- The buyer of a ticket supplied by Tennis Ticket Service must obtain information himself or herself in relation to instructions given by or on behalf of the organizer of the event or the authorities as well as changes with regard to the event such as starting times and similar. Tennis Ticket Service shall not have any obligation to further inform the buyer of the ticket regarding this.
- Please note that it is the responsibility of the buyer to be informed about the correct dates and starting times of concerts and events. Tennis matches, especially, may be postponed or moved one day earlier, in very short notice to the match, due to television rights. Tennis Ticket Service cannot influence this.
- Lost, stolen or damaged tickets cannot be duplicated.
Article 7: Conditions of use of e-Tickets
- The e-Ticket must be printed in portrait (vertical) on new, white A4 paper (front and back), without modifying the print size, with an ink or laser printer. No other format (electronic, computer screen, mobile phone screen, etc.) is valid. Any partially printed, contaminated, damaged or unreadable e-Ticket cannot be accepted as valid. Should this be the case, it is recommended to reprint the e-Ticket using another printer. Tennis Ticket Service cannot be held responsible for any defects in printing e-Tickets
- To gain access to the Stadium during the Tournament, the Individual Purchaser or the Ticket must have printed his/her e-Ticket and gone to the ticket machines reserved for holders of e-Tickets. The e-Ticket is then scanned and a countermark is returned to the Holder. On leaving this zone, the Holder of the e-Ticket must present the countermark along with I.D. in order to verify that he is indeed the purchaser or the Beneficiary of the e-Ticket. Stadium access will be refused if I.D. is not provided.
Article 8: Buyer Guarantee
In case of failure of Tennis Ticket Service to deliver the full quantity of tickets contracted for according to these terms and conditions, Tennis Ticket Service will refund the full amount of the order including shipment costs, provided the buyer contacts Tennis Ticket Service within five (5) days after the tickets should have been delivered.
Article 9: Force Majeure
- Shortcomings in the implementation of an agreement cannot be imputed to a party if it is not due to the negligence of that party, nor under law, the agreement or in the prevailing view for his expense.
- Tennis Ticket Service is open to apply to force majeure in the consequence of war, mobilization, fires, accidents, strikes, occupations, government measures or any weather conditions reason for the organization to cancel or postpone a match.
Article 10: Interruption or postponement due to weather conditions
- In case of match interruption or postponement due to weather conditions, the French organisation will do everything to continue the match that day. If for some reason the game cannot be finished, it will most likely postponed to the next day. Tennis Ticket Service sells day tickets, therefore the purchaser will not be able the attend the match at another day than the original day.
- There is one exception to this rule, and that is the Men's Final. If the Men's final is postponed due to weather conditions these tickets will stay valid for the Men's final, even the match is continued on Monday or Tuesday
Article 11: Refund policy
- Cancellations shorter than 1 month before the start (first playing day of the tournament) of the event will not be accepted by Tennis Ticket Service.
- Orders cancelled longer than 1 month before the event can be accepted against the following conditions:
Time of cancellation / Maximum refund (based on the total ticket price)
- If the order is cancelled longer than 6 months before start of the event the customer is entitled to 85% of the total ticket price
- If the order is cancelled between 4-6 months before start of the event the customer is entitled to 75% of the total ticket price
- If the order is cancelled between 1-3 months before start of the event the customer is entitled to 65% of the total ticket price
Events with e-tickets follow the same refund policy as described above unless the e-tickets have already been dispatched. Once e-tickets have been dispatched any right for cancellations and refunds will be declined due to the fact that there is no guarantee they will still be valid for new customers.
Article 12: Special provisions and liability
Except for intent or gross culpability by Tennis Ticket Service or by its managing subordinates, and except for that which has been stipulated elsewhere in these general conditions, Tennis Ticket Service cannot be liable for any damages suffered by buyers or third parties.
Article 13: Information from and about Tennis Ticket Service
- Tennis Ticket Service is not associated to any official point of sale or organizer.
- Tennis Ticket Service is not the organizer of the event, but merely sells the tickets issued by the organizer. Tennis Ticket Service is an independent company and therefore not affiliated with the organizer of the event. In addition, we wish to point out that at the time of the original sale of these tickets, terms and conditions of sale may have been declared applicable by the organizer of the event, on the basis of which the organizer reserves the right to prohibit the resale of tickets. As a consequence of this, these tickets may be cancelled by the organizer and you may be denied admission to the event. However, if these tickets are cancelled and you are consequently denied admission to an event, you will be refunded the full amount of the order including shipment costs, in accordance with that which is specified in article 8 of these terms and conditions.
Article 14: Applicable law
This agreement shall be governed by Dutch law. Insofar as deviating from statutory jurisdiction rules is allowed, the competent court shall examine all disputes that may occur between Tennis Ticket Service and the buyer within the District of The Hague.
Article 15: Rain insurance
- If the length of scheduled matches (all categories) is less than 2 hours because of bad weather: Full Refund of the TICKETS (excluded administration fee).
- If the length of scheduled matches (all categories) is equal to or more than 2 hours: NO REFUND.
The rain insurance is non-refundable. A full reimbursement of the paid ticket price will be provided in case of: Less than 2 hours play in the aggregate being achieved on the day at a tennis event caused by inclement weather conditions.
Rooseveltstraat 55, 2321BL, Leiden, Netherlands +31 85 4011 815 VAT NUmber: NL851166027B01
Last updated on 04 August 2017